Did you know that only 60% of your tooth surface is cleaned by brushing alone. Flossing cleans the other 40%. In fact, if you have not
been flossing regularly your gums are most likely infected. Healthy gums do not bleed when you brush or floss. When you start flossing it will probably take 7 - 10 days of flossing everyday
for the bleeding to stop. Bleeding gums, at anytime, is not good.
Heart Disease can be caused by Gum Disease (pyorrhea and Gingivitis). New studies show a definite link between heart disease and gun disease. Learn about an aggressive "non-surgical
" approach to arrest this silent killer.
Studies have shown that incidence of heart disease is twice as high in people with periodontal disease (pyorrhea) than people with healthy gums.
(pyorrhea or gum disease) is a silent killer because it does not give early warning signs like other diseases. More than half of all people over the age of 18 have at least the early stages of periodontal
disease. After the age of 35 three out of four are affected to some degree. Periodontal Disease is an infection that destroys the gum surrounding your teeth, and also destroys the supporting bone that
holds your teeth in place.
Evidence is mounting relating gum disease to a variety of health concerns, some that are life threatening. By keeping regular recare appointments with your dental team; you help
ensure your chances for a long and happy life.